-   -   What is the quickest way to hide a lot of rows and colums ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41193-what-quickest-way-hide-lot-rows-colums.html)

Stephen Tyrrell

What is the quickest way to hide a lot of rows and colums ?

I want to hide all but the first ten rows and ten columns of a worksheet. Is
there a quicker way than highlighting and scrolling through the rows/columns
I want to hide?

Michael

Hi Stephen
You could use a Macro
Press ALT + F11
and paste this in

Sub HIDE()
Columns("A:J").Select
Selection.EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Rows("1:10").Select
Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True
End Sub

HTH
Michael Mitchelson

"Stephen Tyrrell" wrote:

I want to hide all but the first ten rows and ten columns of a worksheet. Is
there a quicker way than highlighting and scrolling through the rows/columns
I want to hide?

Ken Wright

Select the whole of Row 11 then simply hold down CTRL+SHIFT and hit the DOWN
arrow. Now hide the rows. then just repeat for the Columns.

--
Regards
Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03

"Stephen Tyrrell" <Stephen wrote in