-   -   Convert Word labels to Excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4117-convert-word-labels-excel-spreadsheet.html)

Lisa

Convert Word labels to Excel spreadsheet

I know how to use the mail merge feature from Excel to Word, but how about
from existing labels in Word to a usable Excel spreadsheet. My approaches
have been to save word as .txt and then get external data in Excel. That
works great accept I need to be able to have different column fields like
Name, Address, City, State etc. What is the best way to go about doing this?
Any help?? Thank you in advance.

Myrna Larson

How about reformatting the Word document to put all of the information from
one label on a single line, separated by tabs. Then you could import that into
Excel.

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 10:49:11 -0800, "Lisa"
wrote:

I know how to use the mail merge feature from Excel to Word, but how about
from existing labels in Word to a usable Excel spreadsheet. My approaches
have been to save word as .txt and then get external data in Excel. That
works great accept I need to be able to have different column fields like
Name, Address, City, State etc. What is the best way to go about doing this?
Any help?? Thank you in advance.

[email protected]

Thank you for responding. I am not sure how to get them out of the
three column lable template into nice neat rows in word. I have
converted table to text and then they are inthe format of an address
label still. I need to get all the names and addresses into rows
somehow. Any ideas how to do that?