-   -   How to get an excel doc not saved as "Read Only" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41148-how-get-excel-doc-not-saved-%22read-only%22.html)

bunbarn

How to get an excel doc not saved as "Read Only"

I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there
something I can do to prevent this in the future?

Michael

Try FilePropertiesGeneral tab and see if Read Only is checked.
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"bunbarn" wrote:

I'm trying to figure out why my Excel doc saves as "Read Only". Is there
something I can do to prevent this in the future?

David McRitchie

Some additional items to work through:
Read-Only in Excel, Problems with
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/readonly.htm