-   -   cell to change color =IF(B7>53,"Critical","Normal") (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41137-cell-change-color-%3Dif-b7%3E53-%22critical%22-%22normal%22.html)

fgiord

cell to change color =IF(B7>53,"Critical","Normal")

I need to have a cell change color or flash when the water level reaches a
certain critical depth on a pumping spreadsheet so the operator is aware of a
problem!

swatsp0p

To change the background color of your desired cell: select that cell
then click ToolsConditional Formatting... on the main menu.

In the Conditional Formatting dialog box that opens, choose Formula Is:
and enter this in the formula line:

=B753

click on the Format button, click on the Patterns tab and choose your
desired fill color (with Red fill I also like to change the font color
to Yellow and make it Bold-use the Font tab for this).

click OK twice to exit the CF box.

now, whenever B7 exceeds 53, your cell will change to your selected
format.

HTH

Bruce

--
swatsp0p

swatsp0p's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=15101
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=396980

Bob Phillips

Select the cells.
Got to FormatConditional Formatting
Set the condition to greater than 53
Click Format
Select Palette tab
Choose a colour
OK
OK

--

HTH

RP

"fgiord" wrote in message
I need to have a cell change color or flash when the water level reaches a
certain critical depth on a pumping spreadsheet so the operator is aware

of a
problem!

RagDyer

You can use Conditional Formatting, and set it so *both* B7 *and* the cell
containing your IF() formula will change color, so that the number in B7
53 and the text "Critical" will highlight.

Click in B7, hold down <Ctrl, and click in the cell containing your IF()
formula, then:

<Format <ConditionalFormat

Click "Formula Is", and enter this in the formula box:

=$B$753

Then click on "Format", and maybe set the Pattern to red and the Font to
bold and bright yellow, then <OK <OK.
--
HTH,

RD