Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
giantwolf

Default Left() or Right()

Hi,

I have a list of postcodes (zip codes) that I need to 'extract' part of
and allocate to a new cell.

eg:

AL1 2TQ
AL1 5RD
AL22 9IP

I need to take the first characters before the space however it could
be 3 or 4 characters before each space. I need a formula that will
start from the left and take anything before a space or one that starts
from the right and takes anything before the righthand 3 characters and
the space. I've tried left and right but can't quite get it to work.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

--
giantwolf
giantwolf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24718