-   -   highlight cells to obtain total without using formula? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4104-highlight-cells-obtain-total-without-using-formula.html)

rdavia

highlight cells to obtain total without using formula?

In previous versions of Excel, I use to be able to select a group of cells to
obtain a total, without having to use a formula. The total would appear at
the bottom of the window. Is this function still available in Excel2003?

Bob Phillips

Do you have a visible status bar (ToolsOptionsView, and see if status bar
is checked)?

--

HTH

RP

"rdavia" wrote in message
In previous versions of Excel, I use to be able to select a group of cells

obtain a total, without having to use a formula. The total would appear

at
the bottom of the window. Is this function still available in Excel2003?

rdavia

Thanks!! That did it.

Have a great day!!