-   -   calculator (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41034-calculator.html)

Colin2u

calculator

is there a formula or a calculator that can be placed in a cell to SUM up the
value or difference amount and gives a total in a specific requested cell. i
am bringing different # amount to be totaled and placed in requested cells of
choise.

Bernard Liengme

Please try rephrasing question (maybe with example)
You have a range of cells with numbers. What do you want to SUM?
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Colin2u" wrote in message
is there a formula or a calculator that can be placed in a cell to SUM up
the
value or difference amount and gives a total in a specific requested cell.
am bringing different # amount to be totaled and placed in requested cells
of
choise.

Colin2u

I would like to have a calculator that will calculator 2-3 or more
calculations of different amount and have the result or total be placed in a
specified or requested cell.

"Colin2u" wrote in message
is there a formula or a calculator that can be placed in a cell to SUM up
the
value or difference amount and gives a total in a specific requested cell.
am bringing different # amount to be totaled and placed in requested cells
of
choise.

Jerry W. Lewis

An example might help interpret what you are trying to say.

Have you looked at Help for the SUM function?

Jerry

"Colin2u" wrote in message

is there a formula or a calculator that can be placed in a cell to SUM up
the
value or difference amount and gives a total in a specific requested cell.
am bringing different # amount to be totaled and placed in requested cells
of
choise.

Colin2u

at the end of the week I gather my and input the expences for different
catigories. some catigories has different sub-catigories and each has their
own input of $ amount. Eg: My Family Budget Plan with diffeerent catigories
and Sub-catigories.
catigorie "House"
sub-catigorie: utilitiy / Tel. / rent / Groceries ...
thus the same for other main catigories
each sub-catigories has different $ amount input so its hard to keep
manually totaling (different Grocery totals) and then entering that total aas
one entry for the sub-catigory "Groceries".

"Colin2u" wrote in message

is there a formula or a calculator that can be placed in a cell to SUM up
the
value or difference amount and gives a total in a specific requested cell.
am bringing different # amount to be totaled and placed in requested cells
of
choise.

MrShorty

My standard approach to such a problem is to place the raw "grocery"
data in another part of the worksheet (or maybe another worksheet in
the same workbook). Then the "grocery" cell can become =sum(aa1:aa10)
where aa1:aa10 is the range where you put the raw grocery data.

--
MrShorty
MrShorty's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=22181