-   -   how to prevent blank cell copied when combining cells? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/41003-how-prevent-blank-cell-copied-when-combining-cells.html)

Vicneswari Murugan

how to prevent blank cell copied when combining cells?

I've tried to combine data from few cells using "CONCATENATE" function. But,
when a cell is blank, a blank appears in the result. How to prevent this
blank?

Sanjeev

please give sample to understand better

"Vicneswari Murugan" wrote:

I've tried to combine data from few cells using "CONCATENATE" function. But,
when a cell is blank, a blank appears in the result. How to prevent this
blank?

Dave Peterson

It kind of sounds like you were separating the cells with space characters.

If A1, B1, C1 all contained words with no spaces:
=TRIM(A1&" "&B1&" "&C1)

--

Dave Peterson