-   -   How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40854-how-can-i-make-reference-link-match-new-formatting-its.html)

Suzanne Marie

How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its

My issue is that if the source data formatting is changed, the change in the
formatting isn't reflected in the referebce link on the destination worksheet.

For example: I have a link in cell A1 in Tab1 pointing to A1 in Tab2 which
starts by being a dollar amount ($1,000). If I change A1 in Tab 2 to a
percent and change it's formatting to (.50%), the link in Tab 1 stays
formatted as a dollar amount ($0.50).

How can I make the reference link match the new formatting of its source?

I would appreciate any help you can provide.

Thank you,

--
Suzanne Marie

Dave Peterson

Formulas can't change formatting--they can only return values.

Maybe you could have a macro that copies formatting from one cell to
another--maybe even an event macro???