Keith-in-Indy

Default Partial Grid Lines

I have the same problem as 'newbie' posted on 8/4/05 (see below). Some of my
grid lines have vanished and do not print at those same cells. I have tried
hiding them and saving the worksheet then turning them back on and saving the
worksheet again. It seems that only certain cells are missing. The data in
those cells does not overrun the cell to hide the grid. Any suggestions?
TIA, Keith
-----------------------------
Subject: Where are my partially missing grid lines? 8/4/2005 9:57 AM PST

By: newbie In: microsoft.public.excel.misc

In some of my worksheets it seems parts of the grid lines are missing. I
guess it isnt hurting me but I like all my work to have a clean look. I
tried checking to see that gridlines were checked off under the view tab in
tools, and options. I see they are turned on and set to gray. It seems like
the spots that are missing and the areas they have the lines as normal seem
to stay the same. Thanks!

Earl Kiosterud

Keith,

Some possibilities: The cells are colored white for the fill color, instead
of no fill. Merged cells. You say they don't print. Do they also not
appear on the screen? if print only, try another printer. Put in a bogus
one if you have to, and just use Print Preview. Make sure you have the
latest print driver for your printer.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"Keith-in-Indy" wrote in message
[...]

Norman Jones

Hi Keith,

Grid lines are either displayed or hidden for the entire worksheet.

If you have cells which do not display the gridlines, this is probably
because those cells have a colour fill. If the cells are coloured, the
gridlines (for those cells) are hidden beneath the colour fill. remove the
fill and the grid lines should be visible.

You may wish to set borders for all or some cells and, in that event, turn
off the gridlines for the sheet in question.

---
Regards,
Norman

[...]

Keith-in-Indy

Can we say "stupid user"? It was the color fill. I had highlighted those
cell for a reason previously and just "whited" them out.

Thanks to Norman and Earl both.

"Norman Jones" wrote:

[...]

Norman Jones

Hi Keith,

Can we say "stupid user"?

No, the behaviour is not intuitively obvious and many before you have been
similarly caught.

---
Regards,
Norman

[...]