-   -   How do I get Excel to open a previously saved file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40846-how-do-i-get-excel-open-previously-saved-file.html)

Jeff S

How do I get Excel to open a previously saved file?

With Excel not opened, all of sudden when I try to open an existing Excel
file, it only opens a blank workbook. I then have to repeat the action of
opening the file from the blank workbook. I am not sure what has happened but
I have always just been able to just click on the Excel file I want to open
and it would automatically open Excel and the intended file. Please advise

FSt1

hi,
check this.......
Toolsoptionsgeneral Tab...
Make sure that Ignore other applications is unchecked.
that's all i can think of

Regards
FSt1