-   -   time conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40752-time-conversion.html)

Steane

time conversion

Hi,
I have a cell containing total minutes referenced from other cells using
SUMIF. I need the total converted to hours and minutes (real time not
decimal). I have tried formatting the cell to h:mm but all I get is 0.00 (the
function is still active).

=SUMIF(B4:B200,B8,K4:K200).
S11 gives the totol of 1270. How do I get the cell to show hours and minutes?

Thanks,

Steane

Bob Phillips

Hi Steane,

=SUMIF(B4:B200,B8,K4:K200)/24/60

and format as time

--

HTH

RP

"Steane" wrote in message
I have a cell containing total minutes referenced from other cells using
SUMIF. I need the total converted to hours and minutes (real time not
decimal). I have tried formatting the cell to h:mm but all I get is 0.00

(the
function is still active).

=SUMIF(B4:B200,B8,K4:K200).
S11 gives the totol of 1270. How do I get the cell to show hours and

minutes?

Thanks,

Steane

Steane

Hi Bob,
You beaut, works a treat. Makes sense when you step back and look at it. I
could format the cells to h:mm after modifying the formula.

Many thanks,

Steane

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Hi Steane,

=SUMIF(B4:B200,B8,K4:K200)/24/60

and format as time

--

HTH

RP

"Steane" wrote in message
I have a cell containing total minutes referenced from other cells using
SUMIF. I need the total converted to hours and minutes (real time not
decimal). I have tried formatting the cell to h:mm but all I get is 0.00

(the
function is still active).

=SUMIF(B4:B200,B8,K4:K200).
S11 gives the totol of 1270. How do I get the cell to show hours and

minutes?

Thanks,

Steane

Steane

Hi Bob,
You beaut, it worked a treat. It makes sense when you sit back ot look at
it. I could format the cell to h:mm after modifying the formula.

Many thanks,

Steane

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Hi Steane,