-   -   How do I set up a formula on a time sheet to calculate time in 1/. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4071-how-do-i-set-up-formula-time-sheet-calculate-time-1-a.html)

gschmid

How do I set up a formula on a time sheet to calculate time in 1/.

I am setting up a time spreadsheet and I want all of my totals to be
calculated in 1/4 increments.

Example:
IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL
7:01 AM 11:47AM 12:50 PM 4:32 PM = 8:30 hours

Bob Phillips

Don't know what you total formula is, but let us say it is

=(B2-A2)+(D2-C2)

If you want to round this to the nearest quarter hour use

=ROUND(((B2-A2)+(D2-C2))*96,0)/96

If you want to round up a quarter hour, use

=ROUNDUP(((B2-A2)+(D2-C2))*96,0)/96

--

HTH

RP

"gschmid" wrote in message
I am setting up a time spreadsheet and I want all of my totals to be
calculated in 1/4 increments.

Example:
IN OUT IN OUT TOTAL
7:01 AM 11:47AM 12:50 PM 4:32 PM = 8:30 hours

JE McGimpsey

Just another way:

=CEILING(B2-A2+D2-C2, 1/96)