-   -   Consolidating multiple worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40690-consolidating-multiple-worksheets.html)

Laura T.

Consolidating multiple worksheets

I have multiple worksheets in one file. All have the same column headings,
but the row information is different. Example: Joe Smith's information on
Worksheet 1 may be on A5 but on Worksheet 2 he is on A10. I would like to
show all of this in one file so that I can summarize and sort the
information. Adding to the confusion, I need subtotals for each worksheet as
they are for different items in the company. I see that I cannot do a pivot
table from other posts but thought that a consolidation worksheet might be
better. Problem is, I have never done one and am unsure as to how they work.
I probably could use macros but am afraid that they will be messy. Please
help me!

Dave Peterson

Add a column to each sheet that shows the item name.

Then copy the data from both sheets into a new worksheet. (Include only one set
of headers.)

Then do your sorts/subtotals/pivottables.

--

Dave Peterson