-   -   Need help with cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40634-need-help-cells.html)

mariflor

Need help with cells

I need help. I want to be able to type in a numberin cell A1 and the
description to appear on cell B1. Just by typing the number.
thank you

Lewis Clark

Look in the Excel help for the Vlookup command. You will need to have a
table of the numbers with their descriptions saved somewhere.

"mariflor" wrote in message
I need help. I want to be able to type in a numberin cell A1 and the
description to appear on cell B1. Just by typing the number.
thank you

mariflor

I can't seem to get it can you help.

"mariflor" wrote in message
I need help. I want to be able to type in a numberin cell A1 and the
description to appear on cell B1. Just by typing the number.
thank you

Paul

If you create a list somewhere like this:

Assume this starts in row 10

Col A Col B
1 Blue
2 Green
3 Red

Then where you want to look it up, but in Cell B1 =vlookup(a1,a10:b12,2)