-   -   Do I need to use VBA? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40582-do-i-need-use-vba.html)

Confused Man

Do I need to use VBA?

Hello all,

I have a worksheet inside a large spreadsheet that has a listing of dates
and prices that it pulls from the other worksheets in the file. I want to
set it us so that if the date in column "C" is todays date make the cell
BOLD and a certain color... if the date occured within the past 30 days no
bold but the same color... and then a separate formule that does the same
thing in column "N" but gives a different color (bold only on todays date)

Is this possible? and if so... how?

Thank you all so much!
Confused Man

Rowan

You don't need VBA, just conditional formatting. Look it up in Help.

To get you started, select column C. Then from the menus Format
Conditional Formatting. Condition 1: [Cell Value is] [equal to] [=today()].
Set the formatting using the format button i.e bold and colour. Click Add
for condition 2: [Cell value is] [greater than or equal to] [=today()-30],
set format for colour.

Use a similar method for column N.

Hope this helps
Rowan

"Confused Man" wrote:

Hello all,

I have a worksheet inside a large spreadsheet that has a listing of dates
and prices that it pulls from the other worksheets in the file. I want to
set it us so that if the date in column "C" is todays date make the cell
BOLD and a certain color... if the date occured within the past 30 days no
bold but the same color... and then a separate formule that does the same
thing in column "N" but gives a different color (bold only on todays date)

Is this possible? and if so... how?

Thank you all so much!
Confused Man

Bob Phillips