-   -   How do I compare data from 2 worksheets to find duplicate entries (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40557-how-do-i-compare-data-2-worksheets-find-duplicate-entries.html)

Jack

How do I compare data from 2 worksheets to find duplicate entries

I am a novice Excel user. I have to worksheets that have data, some of it is
similar (ie. Item #'s, etc.) I want to automatically compare the reports and
highlight data on one worksheet that is identicle to the data on the other
worksheet. If I can't do this, I'm going to have to manually compare the
data.

galimi

Jack,

A coded solution is probably the way to go for your challenge. You can
iterate through each item on the first sheet and check to see if it exists in
the second sheet before copying it to a new (report), third sheet.

--
http://HelpExcel.com
1-888-INGENIO

"Jack" wrote:

I am a novice Excel user. I have to worksheets that have data, some of it is
similar (ie. Item #'s, etc.) I want to automatically compare the reports and
highlight data on one worksheet that is identicle to the data on the other
worksheet. If I can't do this, I'm going to have to manually compare the
data.

Dave Peterson

If those item numbers are unique, maybe you could use =vlookup() or
=index(match()) to retrieve values from the second worksheet and put it near the
values in the first worksheet.

You could look at Debra Dalgleish's site:
and