-   -   I accidentally replaced xcel file with another-not in recycle bin (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40512-i-accidentally-replaced-xcel-file-another-not-recycle-bin.html)

Sommerkal

I accidentally replaced xcel file with another-not in recycle bin

I just rcvd an attachment that had a similar name to one of my files and
accidentally "Saved As" and replaced it. Now I can't seem to recover the file
and it is NOT in my recycle bin. Help, please! It's months of work.

Chip Pearson

Unless you have a backup file somewhere, the original file is
gone forever.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"Sommerkal" wrote in
message
I just rcvd an attachment that had a similar name to one of my
files and
accidentally "Saved As" and replaced it. Now I can't seem to
recover the file
and it is NOT in my recycle bin. Help, please! It's months of
work.

Sommerkal

Thank you Chip, that saved me alot of time trying to restore it. One more
question: If we have a server bkup tape from Friday, how would I get it off
of there?