-   -   Sorting data in Pivot Tables (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4042-sorting-data-pivot-tables.html)

gramos14

Sorting data in Pivot Tables

I have Excel2000 and would like to be able to sort the data elements in the
Row section of the pivot table in the order I choose. For example, if I have
3 elements such as Apple, Orange, Cranberry and want them to show in the
pivot in this order I have to name them in the dataset as A. Apple, B.
Orange, C. Cranberry and sort them ascending. Is there a way to do this
without having to stick the A, B, C in front of the data item?

Thx

Myrna Larson

Presumably now the headers show Apple, Cranberry and Orange. Just select the
cell containing the header "Cranberry" and type Orange. You can put them in
any order you want with this technic.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 14:13:02 -0800, "gramos14"
wrote:

I have Excel2000 and would like to be able to sort the data elements in the
Row section of the pivot table in the order I choose. For example, if I have
3 elements such as Apple, Orange, Cranberry and want them to show in the
pivot in this order I have to name them in the dataset as A. Apple, B.
Orange, C. Cranberry and sort them ascending. Is there a way to do this
without having to stick the A, B, C in front of the data item?

Thx

gramos14

That worked beautifully. Thanks!