-   -   Advanced filtering in Excel to find records ending in xxx? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40359-advanced-filtering-excel-find-records-ending-xxx.html)

dtencza

Advanced filtering in Excel to find records ending in xxx?

I checked the Help area and got lots of good information about using advanced
filters in Excel. The question I still have is: How do you filter on a text
field to find words ending in a letter or combination of letters? For
example, I want a list of the records where a particular text field ends in
the letters "en".

I tried using "*en", but that also gives you words where the "en" appears in
the middle of the word.

R.VENKATARAMAN

try this
in autofilter click custom
equals *en
this is wildcard find

topmost cell must be column head.

--------------
dtencza wrote in message
I checked the Help area and got lots of good information about using

filters in Excel. The question I still have is: How do you filter on a

text
field to find words ending in a letter or combination of letters? For
example, I want a list of the records where a particular text field ends

in
the letters "en".

I tried using "*en", but that also gives you words where the "en" appears

in
the middle of the word.

dtencza

You are right. I didn't notice the "ends with" option in the AutoFilter, and
I was making this hard on myself by trying to do the same thing using the
advanced Filter.

Thank you very much.