-   -   Cell not formating (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4026-cell-not-formating.html)

Mojoala

Cell not formating

I have recieved a spreadsheet.

the cells will not show a zero if the value is zero.
it shows a blank cell.
have tried different ways to format the cell to no avail.

it just will not accept a format

Arlen

HI MOJOALA! I usually ask the questions, so I'm about to switch roles here.

On your main toolbar, click on Tools -- Options -- and check or Uncheck
the Zero Values radio box. That should do it.

"Mojoala" wrote:

I have recieved a spreadsheet.

the cells will not show a zero if the value is zero.
it shows a blank cell.
have tried different ways to format the cell to no avail.

it just will not accept a format

Gord Dibben

ToolsOptionsView.

Is "Zero Values" checked?

Are there formulas in the cells which return a blank if value is zero?

i.e. =IF(A1*A2=0,"",A1*A2)

Gord Dibben Excel MVP