-   -   How do I get rid of line feed characters in wrapped text? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/4015-how-do-i-get-rid-line-feed-characters-wrapped-text.html)

Gladmac

How do I get rid of line feed characters in wrapped text?

I have to use a database which has been imported into Excel. In one of the
fields the address details appear as wrapped text. When I unwrap the text
there is a "square" character between the 2 parts of the field. How do I get
rid of this?
All assistance appreciated, thanks.

Gord Dibben

Glad

The boxes are probably carriage returns.

In Excel, try EditReplace

what: ALT + 0010(on numpad)
with: space(or nothing)

OR ALT + 0013

If this doesn't work, post back. There are other avenues of approach.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:23:02 -0800, "Gladmac"
wrote:

I have to use a database which has been imported into Excel. In one of the
fields the address details appear as wrapped text. When I unwrap the text
there is a "square" character between the 2 parts of the field. How do I get
rid of this?
All assistance appreciated, thanks.

Gladmac

Thanks Gord.

Worked perfectly!

wrote:

I have to use a database which has been imported into Excel. In one of the
fields the address details appear as wrapped text. When I unwrap the text
there is a "square" character between the 2 parts of the field. How do I get
rid of this?
All assistance appreciated, thanks.

Gord Dibben

Thanks for the feedback.

Always nice to know what does or doesn't do the job.

Gord

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 21:43:01 -0800, "Gladmac"
wrote:

Thanks Gord.

Worked perfectly!