-   -   formula for counting charachters in a cell ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/40109-formula-counting-charachters-cell.html)

Leezo

formula for counting charachters in a cell ?

could anyone tell me the formula for counting charachters in a cell

Domenic

In article ,
"Leezo" wrote:

could anyone tell me the formula for counting charachters in a cell

Try...

=LEN(A1)

Hope this helps!

Markos Mellos

=LEN("cell")

"Leezo" wrote:

could anyone tell me the formula for counting charachters in a cell

BizMark

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markos Mellos
=LEN("cell")

"Leezo" wrote:

could anyone tell me the formula for counting charachters in a cell

WARNING!!!! For counting the length of the contents of a cell, you don't use quotes, just the cell reference!

Gary's Student

Just remember that LEN() reports the length of the answer for a formula, not
the length of the formula itself.
--
Gary's Student

"Markos Mellos" wrote:

=LEN("cell")

"Leezo" wrote:

could anyone tell me the formula for counting charachters in a cell

Markos Mellos

Of course BizMark. I only used the quotes to indicate that "cell" should be
replaced with the desired cell. Sorry for any confussion it might have caused.