-   -   Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39933-can-i-format-entire-row-based-value-single-cell.html)

LTShelley

Can I format an entire row based on the value of a single cell?

I would like to use the conditional formatting feature to format an entire
row rather than just a single cell. For example: If the cell value = "Total"
then the entire row is bold.

Dave Peterson

select your range (multiple rows???).

Then with A3 (say) the activecell in that selection:

format|Conditional formatting
formula is:
=$a3="total"
apply a nice format