-   -   A1+B(C1) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39931-a1-b-c1.html)

jbwerner

A1+B(C1)

I want to add A1 to B?. C1 contains a match formula that returns the row
number. I want to add A1 to B(C1). How do I write this formula?

Ron Coderre

Try this:

=A1+INDIRECT("B"&C1)

Does that help?
Ron

"jbwerner" wrote:

I want to add A1 to B?. C1 contains a match formula that returns the row
number. I want to add A1 to B(C1). How do I write this formula?

Duke Carey

=A1+indirect("B"&C1)

"jbwerner" wrote:

I want to add A1 to B?. C1 contains a match formula that returns the row
number. I want to add A1 to B(C1). How do I write this formula?

Bob Phillips

=A1+INDIRECT("B"&C1)

--

HTH

RP

"jbwerner" wrote in message
I want to add A1 to B?. C1 contains a match formula that returns the row
number. I want to add A1 to B(C1). How do I write this formula?

jbwerner

Yes, indirect is what I was looking for.

Thanks

"Ron Coderre" wrote:

Try this:

=A1+INDIRECT("B"&C1)

Does that help?
Ron

"jbwerner" wrote:

I want to add A1 to B?. C1 contains a match formula that returns the row
number. I want to add A1 to B(C1). How do I write this formula?

Niek Otten

But make sure the MATCH() really returns the row number, not the relative
row number in the table (if the table does not start at row 1). If the
latter is the case, add the starting row-1

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten

Microsoft MVP - Excel