-   -   Linked Data within workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39930-linked-data-within-workbook.html)

rudy1010

Linked Data within workbook

I have data in one base spreadsheet that has been filtered, copied, and
pasted as a link in another spreadsheet within the same workbook. If I
resort, or add, or delete from the base spreadsheet, then the data in the
linked spreadsheet is different. Is it possible to 'lock' the data in the
base spreadsheet so any changes to it does not change the filtered and linked
data?

Bill Martin -- (Remove NOSPAM from address)

rudy1010 wrote:
I have data in one base spreadsheet that has been filtered, copied, and
pasted as a link in another spreadsheet within the same workbook. If I
resort, or add, or delete from the base spreadsheet, then the data in the
linked spreadsheet is different. Is it possible to 'lock' the data in the
base spreadsheet so any changes to it does not change the filtered and linked
data?

Have you tried to copy the second spreadsheet, and then paste it back over
itself using PasteSpecial/Values? That should eliminate all links -- if you've
set it up originally in the obvious way.

Before messing about with something like this for the first time, you may want
to save a backup copy under a different name to circumvent Murphy.

Bill