-   -   sum of many cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39856-sum-many-cells.html)

kizzie

sum of many cells

hello,

I want to write a script to make a sum of all the not empty cells
within a column. Is there a trick so that Excel doesn't calculate all
cells, only the not empty cells, so the calculation will be much
faster?

thx in advance,
Kizzie

--
kizzie
kizzie's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26092

Dave Peterson

I don't think you'll notice the difference.

In fact, if you make the formula complex enough to ignore empty cells, it might
even take longer to recalculate--just because it's doing more stuff.

(I wouldn't bother.)