-   -   How to use mutiple spreadsheets in a pivot table? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39688-how-use-mutiple-spreadsheets-pivot-table.html)

Ian Peers

How to use mutiple spreadsheets in a pivot table?

I am trying to use multiple spreadsheets to create a pivot table in order to
analyse corporate profitablility. I am relatively new to pivot tables and can
find little help in this area.

I have a spreadsheet with a number of tabs, with a reconciliation page that
currently uses arrays and lookup to access the data from a couple of the
other tabs. I think a pivot table would work better. any ideas?

Thanks,

-Ian

Debra Dalgleish

You can create a Pivot Table from multiple consolidation ranges, but you
won't get the same pivot table layout that you'd get from a single
range. There's an example he

If possible, store your data in a single worksheet, or in a database,
and you'll have more flexibility in creating the pivot table.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List