-   -   Temp files in Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39674-temp-files-excel.html)

Roselyn Nicewarner

Temp files in Excel

Our office has one computer using WinXP Pro, Office 2000, with a problem of
Excel creating aggravating temporary files and leaving them on the file
server. File names are like this: "Tracking.xls~RF4450990.TMP"
We are getting LOADS of files, and have to delete them manually. No one
else (XP Home, Win98) ever gets the temp files. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Roselyn Nicewarner

Dave Peterson

I don't think it's excel.

Maybe it's your antivirus program that is creating the .TMP files.

A while ago, someone posted back that uninstalling something called "Panda
ClientShield" fixed a similar problem.

Even if you're not running "Panda ClientShield", you could try disabling the
Antivirus program to see if the problem goes away.

--

Dave Peterson