-   -   Multiple matches using LOOKUP (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39671-multiple-matches-using-lookup.html)

Sonya795

Multiple matches using LOOKUP

Hello everyone,
Here is what I am trying to accomplish.

Based on Column A or ORDER_NOTE I need to find the respective match in
column C.
It perfectly works for 1 match.
What if I have three or more matches how to force excel to look for
others?
This formula is inside of macro.
I can use count function to find out how many times 'ORDER_NOTE'
appeared.

ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 =
"=LOOKUP(""ORDER_NOTE"",Range(""A:A""),Range(""C:C ""))"

Also, is it possible to concatenate all the finding of column C that
match 'ORDER_NOTE' in column A?

Also, is there a way to assign an address a cell?

Thank you,

Sonya

--
Sonya795
Sonya795's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26110

Alan Beban

If the cell containing the lookup value (ORDER_Note in your case) is
named "luVal", the range containing the data (A:C in your case) is named
"Tbl", and the cell containing the number of the lookup column within
Tbl (3 in your case) is named "luCol",
then using built-in functions, array enter and fill down:

=IF(ROWS(A$1:A1)<=COUNTIF(INDEX(Tbl,0,1),luVal),IN DEX(INDEX(Tbl,0,luCol),SMALL(IF(INDEX(Tbl,0,1)=luV al,ROW(INDIRECT("A1:A"&ROWS(Tbl)))),ROWS(A$1:A1))) ,"")

or, if the functions in the freely downloadable file at
http://home.pacbell.net/beban are available to your workbook, enter and
fill down:

=IF(ISERROR(INDEX(vlookups(luVal,Tbl,luCol),ROW(A1 ))),"",INDEX(vlookups(luVal,Tbl,luCol),ROW(A1)))

Alan Beban