-   -   Conditional formatting (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39627-conditional-formatting.html)

Big Boss

Conditional formatting

Hi,

Can I not use references to cells in other work sheets while using
Conditional Formatting?

Thanks
Big Boss

Dave Peterson

I gave a cell a nice range name (Insert|Name) on that second sheet and I could
use it in a conditional formatting formula on the first sheet.

--

Dave Peterson

Big Boss

Can you please how exactly you did it? I tried but am not getting it.

Thanks
Big Boss

Big Boss wrote:

Hi,

Can I not use references to cells in other work sheets while using
Conditional Formatting?

Thanks
Big Boss

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I created a workbook with two worksheets (sheet1 and sheet2).

I selected A1 on sheet2
insert|name|define
I gave it a nice name (test1)

I selected B99 on sheet1