-   -   Help requested for an Excel Toolbar command (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3961-help-requested-excel-toolbar-command.html)

Deanl5

Help requested for an Excel Toolbar command

I am seeking help in creating a custom command for a MS Excel XP toolbar.

In MS Word XP, I added a €śNext Window€ť button to my standard toolbar, by
going to the Tools menu, selecting Customize, Commands, Window & Help & then
dragging the €śNext Window€ť command to my toolbar. I open several documents,
then simply click on €śNext Window€ť to go to the next open document (sort of
like scrolling between documents).

I want this same "feature" in Excel, but when I get to the Window & Help
section, there is no €śNext Window€ť command to chose. I have tried a macro,
but cant get it to work. My macro knowledge is minimal & I am unable to find
the actual command that will allow me to go to a next window.

Can anyone assist in creating this command or perhaps copying from MS Word?

Appreciate any assistance.

Norman Jones

Hi Dean,

Try:

Sub Tester()

ActiveWindow.ActivateNext

End Sub

---
Regards,
Norman

"Deanl5" wrote in message
I am seeking help in creating a custom command for a MS Excel XP toolbar.

In MS Word XP, I added a "Next Window" button to my standard toolbar, by
going to the Tools menu, selecting Customize, Commands, Window & Help &
then
dragging the "Next Window" command to my toolbar. I open several
documents,
then simply click on "Next Window" to go to the next open document (sort
of
like scrolling between documents).

I want this same "feature" in Excel, but when I get to the Window & Help
section, there is no "Next Window" command to chose. I have tried a macro,
but can't get it to work. My macro knowledge is minimal & I am unable to
find
the actual command that will allow me to go to a next window.

Can anyone assist in creating this command or perhaps copying from MS
Word?

Appreciate any assistance.

Deanl5

Awesome! (& so simple!)