-   -   working with data between worksheets (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39598-working-data-between-worksheets.html)

steve

working with data between worksheets

I have a form which captures multiple lines of data (a daily report, but not
always with the same number of lines), I need to easily be able to
move/copy/export the daily data to a worksheet which will represent data for
the month. In the month worksheet, I will be using filtering to sort the data
as needed. I am looking for some way to automate the data transfer from the
original form to the monthly sheet without using select and copy. Any help?

Dave Peterson

I think you'd be better off keeping the data in one location and applying
filters directly to that data.

But if you really need to...

I'd steal some code from Debra Dalgleish's site:

Create New Sheets from Filtered List -- uses an Advanced Filter to create
separate sheet of orders for each sales rep visible in a filtered list; macro
automates the filter. AdvFilterRepFiltered.xls 35 kb

or maybe Ron de Bruin's easyfilter.
http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm

--

Dave Peterson