-   -   creating a macro for a "Save As" box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39271-creating-macro-%22save-%22-box.html)

MysticMarley

creating a macro for a "Save As" box

How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I
create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As"
window. It just saves at the previous location and name. My attempts to
alter the VBA code have failed.

FSt1

hi,
add this to the macro wizard code

Application.Dialogs(xlDialogSaveAs).Show

regards
FSt1

"MysticMarley" wrote:

How do I create a macro that will display the "Save As" dialog box? When I
create it using the the Macro Wizard, it doesn't bring up the "Save As"
window. It just saves at the previous location and name. My attempts to
alter the VBA code have failed.

MysticMarley

Thank you FSt1! It worked perfectly and completed the final suggestion from
my manager for a spreadsheet project.