-   -   countif function hassle (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39221-countif-function-hassle.html)

dond

countif function hassle

Im working on two sheets
On sheet 1, I wish cell e37 to enter the number of times a date is
placed in the column h34:h44. (These dates will be randomly entered
manually later)

The dates will fall on or between the current day "today()" and a date
enntered in sheet 2, cell N2

Every syntax I try falls over and I keep getting zero values in E37.
Its got to be easy but it escapes me. Any help out there?

--
dond
dond's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=25477

Bob Phillips

Dond,

Try this

=COUNTIF(H34:H44,"<="&Sheet2!N2)-COUNTIF(H34:H44,"<"&TODAY())

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"dond" wrote in message

Im working on two sheets
On sheet 1, I wish cell e37 to enter the number of times a date is
placed in the column h34:h44. (These dates will be randomly entered
manually later)

The dates will fall on or between the current day "today()" and a date
enntered in sheet 2, cell N2

Every syntax I try falls over and I keep getting zero values in E37.
Its got to be easy but it escapes me. Any help out there?

--
dond
dond's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=393816

Eric

dond,

Sounds like your problem might be that you're counting an exact day when
your date list might have decimal places which aren't showing. That is,
you're trying to count "August 1, 2005" when your list includes "August 1,
2005 10:03AM", so they aren't counted.

Eric