-   -   building website (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39130-building-website.html)

foxy291

building website

Can you build websites with Excel?

Chip Pearson

No, not really. You can save pages as HTLM, but that hardly
qualifies as a "website". Use something designed for the task,
such as FrontPage.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"foxy291" wrote in message
Can you build websites with Excel?

Ltat42a

foxy291 Wrote:
Can you build websites with Excel?

Try this - http://www.evrsoft.com/

It's free.

--
Ltat42a
Ltat42a's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=24735

Amedee Van Gasse

In , Ltat42a told
us an interesting story. My reply to this story is at the bottom of
this message.

foxy291 Wrote:
Can you build websites with Excel?

Try this - http://www.evrsoft.com/

It's free.

That is *not* true! First Page from EvrSoft is *not* free software!
It's only gratis (free of charge) but not completely free.

Nvu on the other hand (http://nvu.com) is *completely* free software.
Not only is it free of charge, but you are also free to download, edit
and redistribute the software.

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Ltat42a

foxy291 Wrote:
Can you build websites with Excel?

Try this - http://www.evrsoft.com/

It's free.

That is *not* true! First Page from EvrSoft is *not* free software!
It's only gratis (free of charge) but not completely free.

Nvu on the other hand (http://nvu.com) is *completely* free software.
Not only is it free of charge, but you are also free to download, edit
and redistribute the software.

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Never heard of NVU. How well does it work for website development?

--

foxy291 Wrote:
Can you build websites with Excel?

Try this - http://www.evrsoft.com/

It's free.

That is not true! First Page from EvrSoft is not free software!
It's only gratis (free of charge) but not completely free.

Nvu on the other hand (http://nvu.com) is completely free software.
Not only is it free of charge, but you are also free to download,
edit and redistribute the software.

--
Amedee Van Gasse

Never heard of NVU. How well does it work for website development?

Very good actually. Try it to find out for yourself - it won't cost you
a thing to try it, only a little bit of your time.

You'll find that it is rather similar to Dreamweaver and Frontpage.

--
Amedee Van Gasse