-   -   Excel (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3912-excel.html)

Ally

Excel

How do I show negative numbers in brackets in Excel?

JE McGimpsey

One way:

Format/Cells/Number/Custom General_);(General)

In article ,
"Ally" wrote:

How do I show negative numbers in brackets in Excel?

Mark Hunt

Using Format Cells, Number, Category = Custom...

try #,##0.00;(#,##0.00)

decimal places can be varied according to what you want

"Ally" wrote:

How do I show negative numbers in brackets in Excel?

IanRoy

Hi, Ally;
Format Cells Number Number
and
Format Cells Number Currency
both have that option.
-IanRoy

"Ally" wrote:

How do I show negative numbers in brackets in Excel?

Gary Rowe

Assuming brackets as being the "[]" characters, Format/Number/Custom, select
the #,##0_);(#,##0) format ant replace the (#,##0) with "["#,##0"]"
Gary