-   -   How to add Deceimal to numbers? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3911-how-add-deceimal-numbers.html)

Rocky Lam

How to add Deceimal to numbers?

How do I add a deceimal point to a column of numbers?

For example

From this
7221732.299
7221732.297
7221732.295
7221732.285

To this

7221.732.299
7221.732.297
7221.732.295
7221.732.285

Thanks

Rocky

Nick Hodge

Rocky

I feel maybe the two questions you have on these groups are related?

If data is in A1 in B1 enter:

=LEFT(A1,4)&"."&MID(A1,5,7)

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Rocky Lam" <RockylamATyahooDOTcom wrote in message
How do I add a deceimal point to a column of numbers?

For example

From this
7221732.299
7221732.297
7221732.295
7221732.285

To this

7221.732.299
7221.732.297
7221.732.295
7221.732.285

Thanks

Rocky

RagDyeR

Since you mention numbers, you could try these custom formats:

####\.###.###
OR
####\.###.000
OR
0000\.000.000

Depending on exactly what numbers you're using.

--

HTH,

RD

"Rocky Lam" <RockylamATyahooDOTcom wrote in message
How do I add a deceimal point to a column of numbers?

For example

From this
7221732.299
7221732.297
7221732.295
7221732.285

To this

7221.732.299
7221.732.297
7221.732.295
7221.732.285

Thanks

Rocky

Aladin Akyurek

=REPLACE(A1,5,0,".")

Rocky Lam wrote:
How do I add a deceimal point to a column of numbers?

For example

From this
7221732.299
7221732.297
7221732.295
7221732.285

To this

7221.732.299
7221.732.297
7221.732.295
7221.732.285

Thanks

Rocky

Rocky Lam

All suggestions have worked.

Thank You Very Much.

Rocky

"Rocky Lam" <RockylamATyahooDOTcom wrote in message
How do I add a deceimal point to a column of numbers?

For example

From this
7221732.299
7221732.297