-   -   update a link to a CSV (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/39086-update-link-csv.html)

update a link to a CSV

How can I refresh a link to a CSV file without re-loading the CSV?

CyberTaz

It may vary somewhat depending on what version of Excel and how the 'link'
was actually created, but if it is an OLE link you should be able to go to
EditLinks and use the features of the dialog box.

If 'Links' is dimmed in the Edit Menu, then you don't actually have a link.
In that case, go to DataRefresh or ViewToolbars & select the External Data
toolbar (if it isn't already displayed). Use the red ! To refresh the data.

Should neither options work out, post back with more info.

HTH |:)

On 8/6/05 5:51 AM, in article
, "T"
wrote:

How can I refresh a link to a CSV file without re-loading the CSV?

reneabesmer

i am so thanked 2 u . that u really help me understanding the formula
i really Appreciate it and i can do it well.
hope that u may help me next time 2 when i have any kind of problem
Thanks u very much indeed.