-   -   Importing data from Excel to Outlook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38933-importing-data-excel-outlook.html)

JTRNPTNY

Importing data from Excel to Outlook

I have an excel spreadsheet with over 2500 contacts. The Spreadsheet is set
up with Last Name, First Name in Column A, Full Address in Column B, Email
Address in Column C. I have highlighted and defined a name for each of the
columns. Each time I attempt to import the data into Outlook 2003 the
importing and exporting window never completes its task. I tried to perform
an import with a new excel workbook with only limited information and the
same thing happens.

Any ideas?

Michael

I've had the same problem. First, save your file as a text file, then import
into Outlook. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin