-   -   Autofilter on protected work book? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38919-autofilter-protected-work-book.html)

Muppet

Autofilter on protected work book?

Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a
macro, e.g.:

Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES"

It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of
the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it
worked, but not now.

Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another
way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)?

dominicb

Good morning Muppet

Does this article help?

http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect