-   -   searching in an array (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38815-searching-array.html)

sisko101

searching in an array

How do I locate a value in an array (Ex. Check to see if B2 from sheet1
equals a value in column C of sheet 2) then return the corresponding value in
a different array if they equal ( B2 on sheet 1 equals C23 in column C, so
the returned value is the value of the corresponding value in column D, for
this example D23)?

Bill Kuunders

enter in sheet1 cell C2
=VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!C1:D30,2,FALSE)

In this example the columns are only 30 cells deep
the 2 stands for the second column in the range C1:D30
--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K