-   -   sort columns within a merged cell header (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38809-sort-columns-within-merged-cell-header.html)

Diana

sort columns within a merged cell header

I have two colums ( A & B) with one header that I put into a merged cell, I
am trying sort the two colums seperately, but it keeps popping up that the
cells are merged...help

Henry

Diana,

Only sort the data, not the header.

If your merged cell is A1&B1 then:
Select cells A2:B2 and down to the bottom of your data.(eg, cells A2:B999)
Now do a sort.

Henry