-   -   Input message on data validation field (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38798-input-message-data-validation-field.html)

Russell-stanely

Input message on data validation field

I want to know how to "lock" in the position of the input message on a data
validation field. Each time I open the form, the input message moves to
somewhere else on the page and I have to drag it back to the place where I
want it to stay. Many times it ends up covering over information that needs
to be seen.

Help!

Debra Dalgleish

You can't control the position of the data validation input message. And
if you move one of the data validation messages, all of the messages
appear in that location, until the file is closed and reopened.

If you can use programming, you could use a textbox to display the input
message, perhaps in a frozen part of the window. There's an example he

Under Data Validation, look for 'Input Message in Textbox'

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List