-   -   Auto substract by comparing the category (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/387741-auto-substract-comparing-category.html)

expert40

Auto substract by comparing the category

I am having two sheets .Sheet one contains the following data

category Total amount Remaining
category1 1000
category2 2500
category3 600
category4 9000

Sheet2 having

Name category Final
suresh category1 500
ravi category2
rajesh category3
ramesh category4

If i enter 500 in final for category1 then ,my formula should do

Search for the category in sheet1 so now category is category1 so ,I have to populate

totalamount-final=500 in remaining of category column1 in sheet1.
please try to help.

Don Guillett[_2_]

Auto substract by comparing the category

I don't understand so, if desired a better explanation and send me the
file.

--
expert40