-   -   convert 1.2 miles to meters (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38660-convert-1-2-miles-meters.html)

crlathem

convert 1.2 miles to meters

can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

Ragdyer

You can check out the Convert() function in the Help files.

=CONVERT(1.2,"mi","m")

Ans. = 1931.213
--
HTH,

RD

"crlathem" wrote in message
can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

Roger Govier

Multiply miles by 1609.344 to convert to metres (or meters for those the
other side of the pond!!)
--
Regards

Roger Govier

"crlathem" wrote in message
can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

Bob Phillips

=convert(A20,"mi","m")

where A20 holds the value in miles

--

HTH

RP

"crlathem" wrote in message
can somebody tell me how many meters are in 1.2 miles?

Andrea Jones

If you have the Analysis Toolpak add-in installed you can use the CONVERT
function:

=CONVERT(1.2,"mi","m")

This gives the answer 1931.2128

Andrea Jones