-   -   How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38650-how-can-i-find-automatic-links-excel-sheet.html)

Tobias

How can I find automatic links in an Excel-sheet?

I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least
according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click
'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can
not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic
links so that I can delete them?

Gordon

Tobias wrote:
I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At
least according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I
have to click 'No' to the questions whether I want to update these.
The problem is I can not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a
way to find all automatic links so that I can delete them?

Take a look he
http://www.acctadv.com/exceldownloads.php

paul

next time you go into the sheet and you get the message go to the edit menu
and the "links" choice should be available.click on that and then you can
"break links"
--
paul
remove nospam for email addy!

"Tobias" wrote:

I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least
according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click
'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can
not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic
links so that I can delete them?

Tobias

Hi Thanks both of you. It is now solved.

I couldn't however break the links from the Edit menu, it was not possible
to do anything but open the file (which didn't existed there anymore).
Instead I did find another add-in (dellink.xla) in a thread below which
worked perfectly well. So now my workbook can be opened without first
answering that question.

"Tobias" wrote:

I have an Excel-sheet with "automatic links" to other workbooks. At least
according to Excel, so every time when I open the document I have to click
'No' to the questions whether I want to update these. The problem is I can
not find this/these automatic link/s. Is there a way to find all automatic
links so that I can delete them?

paul

"the "links" choice should be available"
thats why i said should.......I have had that too and cant remember how i
fixed it.Glad you got it solved.