-   -   Converting negative numbers in a range of cells to zero (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3863-converting-negative-numbers-range-cells-zero.html)

Dede

Converting negative numbers in a range of cells to zero

Greetings!

How do I create a function that will change a range of cells that are
all negative numbers to zero? I want to keep the orginal negative
numbers as well. Thank you!!!

Peo Sjoblom

Use a help column and a formula like

=MAX(0,A1)

copy down/across, then copy and paste special as values in place

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Dede" wrote:

Greetings!

How do I create a function that will change a range of cells that are
all negative numbers to zero? I want to keep the orginal negative
numbers as well. Thank you!!!

tjtjjtjt

In another range use:
=MAX(0,A1), where A1 is the first cell in the original range.
Copy as needed.

tj

"Dede" wrote:

Greetings!

How do I create a function that will change a range of cells that are
all negative numbers to zero? I want to keep the orginal negative
numbers as well. Thank you!!!

Myrna Larson

You need a formula in a 2nd column: =MAX(A1,0)