-   -   Find within Workbook. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/38507-find-within-workbook.html)

Matt Carter

Find within Workbook.

Hello, I am trying to Find items in the whole workbook. I have multiple
workbooks in my Office 2003 SP1 (all updates) application. I would like to
have the default of Find Within Sheet - (Ctrl-F and in the Find and Replace
window, the drop down menu for Within: [Sheet, Workbook]).
I can initially select the Find Within Sheet and change it to Workbook, but
after I save (or not) the excel spreadsheet, I have to select Find Worksheet
again, as it has changed to the Sheet (as the default).

Is there a way to change the default from Find within Sheet to Find within
Workbook?

Thank you.

Matt

SVC

I don't know of a way that you can change this option. However, if you right
click on a sheet tab, you can click "Select All Sheets" and then do your find
(Ctrl+F). If you want to, you can create a macro to do this for you.

"Matt Carter" wrote:

Hello, I am trying to Find items in the whole workbook. I have multiple
workbooks in my Office 2003 SP1 (all updates) application. I would like to
have the default of Find Within Sheet - (Ctrl-F and in the Find and Replace
window, the drop down menu for Within: [Sheet, Workbook]).
I can initially select the Find Within Sheet and change it to Workbook, but
after I save (or not) the excel spreadsheet, I have to select Find Worksheet
again, as it has changed to the Sheet (as the default).

Is there a way to change the default from Find within Sheet to Find within
Workbook?

Thank you.

Matt

FSt1

hi,
see this site for the flexfind xla utility. it would search an entire
workbook.
and it's free.

http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/

regards