-   -   Data from a number of rows and columns to one column (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/3846-data-number-rows-columns-one-column.html)

mark_h82

Data from a number of rows and columns to one column

How can I get my data after doing a paste special transpose from looking like
this:

A B C D
1 1 1 1
2 2 2 2
3 3 3 3

To look like this:

1
2
3

1
2
3

1
2
3

1
2
3

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Jason Morin

In A1 of a new sheet, try:

=OFFSET(Sheet1!$A$1,ROW()-(ROUNDUP(ROW()/5,0)*5-5)-
1,ROUNDUP(ROW()/5,0)-1)

where your source data is in Sheet1, starting in A1.

Make sure to click row 5 of your source data, enter ="",
and press <ctrl<enter. That'll prevent 0's from
appearing in the empty rows.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

How can I get my data after doing a paste special

transpose from looking like
this:

A B C D
1 1 1 1